The Chapman Family: "The Ray Charles"

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"The Ray Charles"

Braylen has really been enjoying his "jumperoo". It is the first toy that he really stays interested in. It is nice for me because I can get things done while he is "jumping" away! Braylen does this crazy thing with his head that me and Nick have named the "Ray Charles". He bobs his head back and forth all the time, sometimes it seems to go with the music on his jumperoo. Today he accidently bobbed his head too far forward and smacked it on the front of the jumperoo. He let out some kind of cry, but seemed to get over it pretty quickly! No knot or bruise to show for it, thankfully. 5 minutes later, he was back to jumping away!


Aunt Bridget came to visit this past weekend. We had such a great time together- catching up, laughing, and playing with Braylen. She definitely learned a lot about newborn babies while she was here. She helped feed him, bathe him, and put him to bed. She was a huge help to have around. I just wish she lived closer and could visit more often. Braylen and I were both sad to see her go home. While she was here, she got to meet some of the other local babies that are around Braylen's age - Ollie Dubose and Ocean Reeves. She was surprised at how many of my friends have babies about the same age. We did get a quick picture of Ollie and Braylen together. Who knows, one day it could be on display at their wedding :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke! I had no idea you had a blog! I am glad to see that you do, since we don't get out much lately, I can keep up with you guys on here! (With two little ones, it's almost impossible to do much going!!!) Your little boy is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooke. Been thinking of you so much lately, as we know you went back to work. Although that can not be a fun thing to do...trust me...it does get better. Please update pictures, for we love looking at them. Went to NYC w/ Lauren this past weekend and had a blast. Hope we can see you soon and DAD has only 49 days left till retirement... Oh..he just told me it is 48. I might be more excited than him. I have 4 yrs and 29 days. Love to all! Dad and Mary

    ReplyDelete